Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hellos & Good-Byes

I'm not good at good-byes. I don't like them. Somehow I have grown accustomed to saying good-bye, learning that they're pretty much never forever (especially with cell phones, Skype, facebook, and email).
My job was over 10 days ago... I had just over a week to pack and say my good-byes, while working on applications. Despite not having to work, I stayed busy through the last moments in my driveway with my roommates. I have to say, through it all I didn't cry or feel much emotion at all until I said good bye to Ryan and was left alone in my driveway yesterday! Then it all hit me at once as I wondered "What have I done?!" Then I realized my job is over. I have passes the baton. I have left my lovely home in KC (with the great white lights on the screened in porch!) and my AWESOME roommates! I moved out of Kansas City--a city I LOVE and was just beginning to learn about!
I cried a little. Then I unpacked and repacked everything I own! (It took all day--most of my possessions are books.)
Now I am in Madison, learning all I need to know about caring for my nephews. As my sister in law said this afternoon, I am sure I will learn a lot as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment